Eating enough fat helps to:
- Absorb Vitamins A, D, E, and K to help prevent deficiencies and keep your body healthy.
- Keep you full and satisfied longer and prevent you from getting hungry as fast.
- Promotes brain and nerve health.
- Keep skin looking healthy and prevent dryness.
- Lower risk of heart disease when you choose healthy fats.
- Helps to keep your food tasting delicious because it carries flavor and improves how the food feels in your mouth.
Drawbacks of fat:
- It is a high calorie nutrient and is easy to overdo without portion control
- Less healthy fats such as trans fats and saturated fats (solid fats) can increase risk of heart disease.
Healthy fats to include your diet:
Please follow and like us: