Potassium is a mineral in the diet that is found in many foods including fruits, vegetables, dairy products, and whole grains.
- Is an electrolyte that is important for fluid balance in the body.
- Helps with contraction of muscles, especially in the heart.
- Helps to lower blood pressure which can prevent strokes and heart attacks.
- Helps to improve bone health.
How much do we need?
- Children ages 9-13 need 4500mg/day
- Children 14 and older and adults need 4700mg/day
- People with Kidney Failure need 2000mg/day
What foods are high in potassium?
Please follow and like us: